20.4.10

Thrift Shop Finds



I've made some nice thrift shop finds lately. This chair, which will be eventually re-finished in some fashion, and a cute plate and tea-cup which i super-glued together to fashion a little cake platter of sorts. I've seen a few lately in craft blog land including a 2 tiered version and think it is a cute idea. An alternate base could be an inverted wine goblet.

In other news, i have recently acquired a serger (overlocker)! It is a Husqvarna Viking Huskylock 910. It is quite a manly machine, his name is Sergio. I'm super excited about it and it is taking up a lot of my spare time, as I have been so busy playing with it that any blog updates have taken a serious backseat. So the long and short of it is I have a big backlog of things i'd like to blog about that have been made by Sergio, but can't bring myself to sacrifice precious time with him for posting about it. I think i might have to do a largish serger project related post soon.

OK, I'm off to do some rolled edge Anna Marie Horner flannel washers and burp cloths!

1 comment:

  1. "Husqvarna Viking Huskylock 910" Manly indeed. I thought you were talking about a chain saw until I looked it up.

    ReplyDelete