16.4.10

I could really spend some time. . .

. . . fiddling around with these two sites, Spoonflower and Zazzle. Seems there is a bit of a Zazzle epidemic in the blog world at the moment - who wouldn't want to design their own sneakers? I know i wasted a good 45 minutes today messing around with colour ways.

As for Spoonflower, it's been around for awhile i guess but i've never paid much attention to it. However, with the newly made purchase of a whizbang overlocker (ahem, Husqvarna Huskylock 910 - more on that later) I am finding a new penchant for jersey knits and dismay at how hard it seems to find any nice prints around. Other great thing about Spoonflower is they have organic cottons available, which is super duper. Constant battle I have within is the fact that i like to make things therefore I am consuming albeit not in the typical manner - trying to salvage fabric second hand and finding ethical fabrics is really the go so I can still feel good about making more 'stuff'.

Anyway, below are some fabrics found on Spoonflower today that I am coveting. They are embedded from the site so ignore (but heed if you like the designer's work and want to see more) the designers name printed across the images. . .



Woodland Cutout (Brown & Pink)


Woodland


Tetris Border Print


Weird Fishes


Orchard repeat

i'm sure there are millions of prints i could love on there. They are a bit pricey (starting at $18 per meter) but for custom organic prints that isn't much. Plus I am finding if I use a 'better' fabric i am less likely to be sloppy and finish my projects with a lot more care.

what fabric have you seen lately to inspire you?

2 comments:

  1. Great pics, all those fabrics are lovely. I've been finding some great tablecloth fabrics of late, some of the patterns are amazing...

    ReplyDelete