6.10.10

4 dresses and a circle skirt

i've made headway into making clothing for myself that fits and that i actually wear. i feel like a real sewist, because i have actually fitted these clothes to my body, adjusted darts, added darts, stay-stitched armholes, taken in bits and all that fitting clothes involves. these four dresses are the products of about hmm, 4 months of sewing. the two darker dresses were made a couple months ago and the two lighter ones just last week.

4dresses

i love love loved sewing with anna maria horner's cotton voile (pale green with little stags jumping about the cottages). i am highly recommending voile to myself next time i am anywhere near it. and her little folks range really did it for me. in fact, i have just barely halted myself from swathing my wardrobe in things made out of the little folks/good folks stuff.

zooms

i also had fun taking photos of the dresses today. our place is really dark and i generally struggle to get a clear, bright shot of anything at all. therefore i decided tinkering with them on photoshop the only way to make it all look half decent. next time we are finding a new place to live i want it to be bright bright bright.

well. anyway, i am excited about spring sewing at the moment. light dresses are the perfect thing in queensland's summer so there will be a few more where those came from i think. i've had some other successes lately as well, namely making dana's circle skirt and i've had a wee dabble into swimwear which has gone way better than i ever imagined it would.

also i must add that i have a little pet. it is making me very excited about bread. my pet is wild yeast and i am building its strength for making some sourdough. i am hoping by the weekend i will have made my maiden loaf. anyway, that is just a little tidbit of extra fun around here.

1 comment:

  1. Boy, you have been busy! I especially love that first dress, lovely!

    ReplyDelete