21.10.09

Some recent gifts and house things. . .


Beautiful beach ball pattern from Purl Bee.
This is the large size which is about 25 or so cms diameter but there are also small and medium size patterns included. Still on my list to make all three as a set - they are a very quick sew apart from the hand sewn circles on each side. Given to 1 year old sweety whose birth I attended last year as a doula.







A few clothes line snaps of a recent pyjama making frenzy - i think I'm over it now after making 5 pairs of matching tops and pants. Not great with mass production projects unfortunately for my market stall aspirations! They are made with mainly op-shop found fabric. They are my own pattern devised by tracing favourite old pants and dresses.

The first 2 pairs were given as a gift to a friend (who blogs here). Well, more specifically to her daughter for her first birthday. The second 2 pairs are BB's. I think she actually likes wearing them after having only singlets and t-shirts as bed-wear for most of her life. They're a little bit fancy. . .





The other part of the gift. . .which i am just a little bit proud of is this mini grocery bag with veggies. The bag is my own pattern, but the veggies (except the carrot, which is my own pattern) are from Hansi Singh's amazing book, Amigurumi Knits (which can be found here). I am in love with her very innovative knitting techniques - I am not much of a pattern person but I have learned a lot from her patterns as she uses very unique shaping methods. She also has a shop on Etsy as Hansigurumi.







Yes, I know - all ikea fabrics, but
they are so appealing and cheap who can resist. Not i. Also excellent for throw pillows and beanbags (bottom, in blue) as their heavier cotton canvas feel is more like upholstery.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Hsu-yin,

    Love the mini grocery bag with veggies. Very creative. How long did that take you to make?

    -MRH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I love the pjs - especially the plaid ones - are you makiny big ones for oldish mummies? I too am really loving the mini grocery bag and veggies...and the leek tart was yummy by the way...

    ReplyDelete