25.10.09

a happy weekend


a very lovely weekend, full of walks to the park, friends and yummy food. . .

  • birdies by Spool, part of my Christmas sewing for which i feel considerably impressed with myself for starting so early
  • the wading pool at the bay side near home was looking particularly appealing on a warm Saturday morning
  • beginning the 1st pair of Norwegian fair isle mittens, using horribly sticky yarn which i need to banish from my stash
  • Lizzie's chickens. always a big hit with BB, unless she is having a snack and they begin to stalk her
  • the beautiful violet-purple of a Jacaranda tree, which are all gloriously in full bloom at the moment
  • sauteing leek and mushroom for my pie, which was served Saturday night as part of a belated Thanksgiving dinner
  • Sunday, was a very windy day, perfect for flying kites. BB and i took in the sights at the Kite Flying Society meeting. yes! such a thing exists. BB wants in.
Hooray for a very lovely weekend!

3 comments:

  1. oh my god. Seriously - I would totally tell you to read this blog if it wasn't yours. It's excellent. I love the photo boxes. and the photo's are great too. I can't hear the word "re-purpose" anymore without thinking of Brett saying it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chickens always used to attack me when I was a lad. I was literally scarred for some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the tea towels are working for you. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete