2.9.10

my creative space

Untitled-1

there's been a bit of quilt mania over here as summer threatens in queensland. folks have eloped, babies are about to be born, and i have secured a tentative affirmation that a quilt may be welcome on our bed.

i'm pleased to say that i completed one picnic quilt on sunday. it is meant for a family of four who sneakily snuck off to secretly seal the deal and probably didn't receive many gifts as a result.

also, i completed the top piece of a baby cot quilt, made for future third baby of a family. he is probably going to have a lot of hand me downs from his older brothers so i thought it might be nice for him to have something of his own. it is a brick sort of style pieced quilt, which works well for my gift of imprecision. in the photo above it is falsely seen as complete as it was placed on an already existing cot quilt for folding and photographing.

the main quilting excitement for me this week is that my man has possibly given me the go-ahead to make a quilt for our bed. this is a big deal. he has very strict standards? stipulations? style requirements? so that is why i say possibly. the condition/s is/are that the quilt must basically be one colour. i'm allowed to do various squares but must use one colour (preferably white or off-white, ideally unbleached organic cotton or something). it may have some colour details such as a few patterned posts and borders and maybe little reverse appliqued circles. it must be subtle. i am to submit my design and then i may or may not be able to start.

to see what others have been making, visit kootoyoo.

3 comments:

  1. great post!!! love the photographs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well done I just love the quilts, I think grey is super.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love quilts and black and white shots!!

    ReplyDelete