3.4.10

little stitches


I've been busy lately making tiny stitches. My first even cardigan! Its a teeny tiny one, so it wasn't too daunting. I must say I am a little enthralled with the raglan sleeve shaping if i do say so myself. It isn't perfect, but as it was without a pattern I feel pretty pleased with the results.


As you can see the button hole side is a little shorter than what will be the side with buttons. Why? Probably because I am not a diligent stitch counter and therefore picked up more stitches when doing the front placket ribbing on one side than the other. Oops! Never mind. Gives it that handmade 'look' right? Must sew on the buttons, maybe today.


Other little bit of knitting above, completed a while ago but i had trouble figuring out what to lace these little booties with. Settled on golden yellow felt. The booties are made with cotton so as to be relatively cool and made using my own half-hazard pattern once again. The cabled top of the boot is an XOXO cable, which doesn't really show in the photo but is cute in real life.
The booties are perched on a piece of super duper soft 'minkie' fleece - plans are underway for a sort of pram blankie with pretty border. New little baby will have some hopefully cute things to be swaddled in if i can get it all done in the next few weeks. . .

In other news, i noticed today that there is a new follower on this blog which is a pretty big event around here as I am not the sort of blog to get 'random' followers. Anyways, I clicked on the link to her blog and imagine my surprise when i found she had just posted about one of my previous posts! Weird! In a good way. Thanks for linking to me Ali Foster, whoever you are! You should visit her, she has a very pretty blog.

Well, I'm off to do some floor moping and scavenger hunt map making.

2 comments:

  1. those booties are adorable! i love the felt laces. the sweater is boo-tiful! little peanut will be too cute for anyone to notice a bit of a crooked edge, so never mind!

    ReplyDelete