20.1.10

making plans. . .



the reason for all these shenanigans with a light box is that i'm getting my act together to
open an etsy shop. as soon as I can! it's going to be called 'la fabrica', which means 'the workshop' in spanish. i'm just waiting (rather impatiently) for a few supplies I've ordered to arrive from the states. but look at what arrived the other day...



. . .these beautiful pieces of 100% wool felt in gorgeous colours came from feltonthefly on etsy. thank you Janet! and look at how beautiful her packaging is - something you don't see from commercial sellers.

i am actually a little reticent about cutting into it! the colours are s beautiful and the felt is SO nice to the touch. infinitely nicer than the acrylic felt from the craft shop. i'm also waiting for some 'ecospun' felt to arrive in the mail from feltorama, which is made from 100% recycled plastic bottles. i'm excited to see what this material is like to work with as i want to keep my made things as eco-friendly etc. as possible by using renewable, reused, and thrifted components. there are some great op-shops around our place and a funny little haberdashery with unused old-stock trims, buttons, zips etc. something about having a look around for bits and pieces sort of satisfies the hunter gatherer in me and makes pieces more special.




so to celebrate, i used some scraps of my old icky felt to make this miniature bunting flag. it looks cute, i think. one could go on a bit of a mini bunting binge and fix them onto windows, across wardrobes and along corkboards. it took just minutes to baste the triangles onto some thread. . .



4 comments:

  1. Love those colours. Good luck with your etsy store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for mentioning me (FeltOnTheFly!) in your lovely blog post. Can't wait to see what lovely things you'll come up with for your shop!
    My very best wishes to you in your new endeavor. And feel free to convo me if you need any help or have any questions about felt, or about setting up a shop on Etsy. I'll look forward to reading your blog too! Janet
    http://www.feltonthefly.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is indeed so beautiful - colours! On a day like today - so dull - what a tonic! -
    I too can't wait to see what is coming! Beautiful, bright, I want all of the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Hsu-Yin! I will be stalking your etsy shop :)

    ReplyDelete